Makeup Remover + Cleanser
Description A natural and effective way to cleanse facial skin, remove makeup, balance oil production and obtain a beautiful clean, clear complexion. Washing your face with oil may sound like the perfect recipe for acne, but natural, organic plant-based oils can be an incredibly effective cleansing agent...
A natural and effective way to cleanse facial skin, remove makeup, balance oil production and obtain a beautiful clean, clear complexion. Washing your face with oil may sound like the perfect recipe for acne, but natural, organic plant-based oils can be an incredibly effective cleansing agent for any skin type--dry, sensitive, oily and even acne-prone skin.
For years commercial skin care companies have told us we need to remove the oil from our skin, especially our faces. The problem is that this basically strips the skin of its natural defenses and dries out your facial skin which stimulates increase oil production--which is the opposite of what you are trying to achieve.
Our facial cleansing oil is formulated with a blend of organic oils and herbal infused oils that will balance sebum production and bind with the existing oil to remove makeup, unclog pores and cleanse impurities as it moisturizes, protects, nourishes and helps promote soft, smooth, and clear skin.
- Gently removes makeup, dirt, and impurities leaving skin feeling clean and balanced
- Softens, soothes, moisturizes, and hydrates skin for a radiant complexion
*comes in a 2oz glass bottle
Even a makeup-free face gets dirty at the end of a day! The oils act to loosen the dirt from the pores so the water can wash it away.
Begin with a dry, dirty face--there is no need to pre-clean, even if you are wearing makeup.
Always start with dry hands and a dry face. If you wet your hands or face it counteracts "like dissolves like" concept and leaves your skin feeling oily and not clean.
- Apply about ½ teaspoon of cleansing oil to your face. Avoid your eye area. Using your fingers massage firmly, but gently, using small upward circular motions. The gentle massaging action warms the skin, which encourages the pores to open. This allows the cleansing oil to soften, loosen and dissolve makeup, dirt, dead skin and impurities on your face.
- After a minute or so of massaging allow the oil to remain on your skin to help deep clean pores while you soak a small face towel or washcloth in hot tap water.
- Squeeze out most of the excess water apply the cloth to your whole face and hold it there as a compress for about 10-15 seconds. The heat from the towel will create steam, soften your skin, open your pores, and aid in removal of dirt, grime and excess oils.
- Using the corners of the warm wet face cloth slowly begin to gently wipe off the cleansing oil (be sure to have enough water on the cloth to help emulsify the cleansing oil).
- Rinse the cloth, and repeat until the oil and dirt are wiped off your skin. If you are removing a lot of makeup you may have to rinse the cloth and repeat several times.
- Unless you scrubbed too hard a thin layer of oil will remain on the skin to help protect and moisturize throughout the day.
- Finish with a cool water splash and pat dry with a clean towel.
To remove lipstick and eye makeup, including mascara, put a couple of drops of oil on a cotton cloth, pad or swab and swipe over lips and eye area. This is a gentle eye makeup remover, but take care not to get it in your eyes.
A facial cleansing oil will dissolve away the dirty oil and makeup from your face and replenish it with clean, nourishing oils.
* Depending on the condition of your skin, your skin may go through an “adjustment period” during which you may even see more oily skin or more breakouts as impurities leave the skin. It may take a week or two for your skin to adjust to a new regimen. Please resist the urge to use harsh facial cleansers during this time, as it will make the adjustment period take longer.
Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Castor Bean Oil, Organic Baobab Oil, Organic Carrots, Organic Helichrysum, Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil
About our Ingredients:
- Sunflower and Jojoba replenish essential vitamins, fatty acids, and lipids
- Castor oil lifts impurities
- Baobab helps moisturize and soothe dry skin and helps combat early signs of aging by reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- An infusion of helichrysum and carrot root helps heal dry skin, heal scarring, and calm inflammation