Our Plover Nest Textiles Handprinted Beeswax Wraps are perfect for plastic-free food storage. A unique wax coating on this 100% cotton fabric keeps food fresh while helping to reduce waste. Bold block printed designs will add a bright pop of color to your kitchen, fridge, and lunchbags! These food wraps are all natural and completely bio-degradable. With proper care, the wraps will last for many months of use.
How does it work? Beeswax is naturally antibacterial, which helps keep things clean and fights against contamination. Just a pinch of Pine Resin (sustainably harvested in North America) is added to create the "cling" that mimics plastic saran wrap. Some soy wax is used to help conserve the amount of beeswax needed for each cloth. Use these Beeswraps to top jars and dishes, or fold and mold them around fruits, veggies, bread, cheese, granola, nuts, leftovers, lunches, etc.
Each set contains one 7”x7” wrap and one 10”x10” wrap. The smaller (7x7) wrap is the one pictured in the front of the two. Note: sizes are approximate.
- Wraps become pliable and "clingy" with the warmth of your hands. Soften the wrap before use by wadding it up into a ball and massaging it.
- Wash with cool water and mild soap. Air dry.
- Keep away from heat. Not microwave or dishwasher safe.
- Do not use to store raw meat or fish.
- Residue left on hands or dishware will wash off with warm water. With more use, this rub-off will occur less
The natural Beeswax smell will fade with use.
Creases and wrinkles will form naturally. They will not affect use.
You may notice a white/yellow marbling in the wrap. This is the blending of the bee & soy wax.
These are handmade, block printed, items. Variations in the printing and colors is inevitable. Expect every wrap to be unique.
Cotton, Beeswax, Soy Wax, Pine Resin